If you have any questions or concerns feel free to E-Mail email@example.com
Beard Competition Rules
- Wizarding Dayz Beard Competition is open to all competitors.
- The competition will take place in three categories. Each competitor will specify the category in which he wishes to compete when he registers.
- The competitors in designated categories must appear for “pre-judging” prior to the competition with their facial hair styled as it will be for the competition. Any competitor who does not meet the qualifications for the category he has entered will be placed into a different category where he does qualify.
- Depending on the number of contestants in each category, the judging in some categories will include an elimination round and a final round.
- In the event of an elimination round, the competitors in each category will be divided into several different groups. To the extent possible each group of competitors in any category will consist of the same number of competitors. Each judge will vote for three competitors in each group. The three competitors receiving the most votes in each group will advance to the final round. In the case of a tie for either first, second, or third place, all competitors with the same number of votes will advance to the finals.
- In the final round and in those categories where there is no elimination round, each judge will rank the top three competitors in each category. A first place vote is worth five points, a second place vote is worth three points, and a third place vote is worth one point. The contestant with the highest number of points wins. In the event of a tie for any of the first three places, the judges will be asked to revote among the tied competitors.
- Any competitor who does not appear when called to the stage will be eliminated.
- The organizers reserve the right to modify these rules at any time. Any rule modifications will be announced publicly before the competition begins.
- Discourteous, abusive, or unprofessional behavior by a contestant may lead to disqualification at the organizers’ discretion.
- Artificial facial hair is permitted in the costuming category, but must be attached to an actual competitor and not a prop.
- The term “aids” as used in the category descriptions means artificial styling aids such as moustache wax, hair spray, hair cream, styling foam, hair gel, hair pins, rubber bands, hair ties, and the like.